August 18, 2021
Good Afternoon Warren Students, Families, and Staff,
We have a few important announcements for the week of August 18th.
MSD Warren continues to focus on investing in meeting the needs of the whole child, and we know the importance of providing curriculum and resources to support social-emotional learning for students. Next week, students throughout the district will be participating in lessons focused on Bullying Prevention. These lessons will focus on how students may recognize, report, and refuse bullying. These lessons and classroom conversations are key to establishing and maintaining a positive and safe learning environment in our schools and community. In our commitment to preventing bullying throughout the school year, additional lessons and reviewing of these skills will be taught and reinforced all year long. Please look for additional information to be sent home with your student next week. As part of our commitment to investing in relationships with families, we will be offering an opportunity on Tuesday, August 31, 2021, for parents and caregivers to connect with a ParentVue and ParentSquare Night at Moorhead Community Resource Center, located at 8400, E. 10th Street. Parents and caregivers are welcome to come anytime between 4-7 p.m., for support with signing up for ParentSquare or ParentVue, learning how to navigate these tools, and answering questions you may have. There will also be some short informational sessions to teach you about each of these great resources. Knowing how to navigate both ParentSquare and ParentVue will help ensure you are receiving valuable information from your school, can check your student’s grades, and communicate directly with your child’s teacher. If you have additional questions, contact our Moorhead Community Resource Center at (317) 532-3854. Another reminder that the Warren Council PTA is hosting their annual Homefest event from 4 - 7 p.m. on Friday, September 3, 2021. As part of this tradition, students in PK-8 are invited to participate in the Fun Run. Additionally, each elementary school and intermediate middle school’s PTA will be involved and will provide games for kids of all ages. Come see our high school students take on WCHS staff in a kickball game and, last but not least, purchase food from some of our local food trucks. Please check here for additional details. We also invite our students, staff, and families to attend the home football game that night against North Central. Speaking of football games, I want to make sure everyone is aware of some changes for attending our home football games. Tickets will now ONLY be sold on the GoFan website, gofan.co, or on the GoFan Mobile App. Tickets for the August 20th season-opener vs. Center Grove can ONLY be purchased through the GoFan App or GoFan website until this Friday, August 20, at 4 p.m. It is important to know that NO tickets will be sold at the gate. Individual, family, and PIT passes will be honored in lieu of a ticket. An additional change to attending football games this year is that elementary and intermediate middle school students must be accompanied by an adult to enter the football game. Additional information related to this Friday’s football game can be found below in this News Feed. If you are attending, please provide extra time due to the construction taking place at the high school.
Thank you for a great first three weeks of the school year and thank you for your continued investment in Warren students and schools.
Dr. Tim Hanson, Superintendent of Schools for MSD Warren Township
Additional Information for Warren Central vs Center Grove Football Game, August 20 at 7 p.m. Parking/Ticket Gates:
- Visiting fans will only be permitted to enter the stadium through the east ticket gate
- Home fans will only be permitted to enter the stadium through the west ticket gate
- Unaccompanied students will be required to show their current Warren Central student ID
- No pass outs
- All Warren Central fans should enter our campus from Post Road and 18th street and park in lots 6 and 7. Lot 6 is south of the stadium near the main entrance to the high school. Lot 7 is due west of the football stadium. Overflow parking in Lots 1, 2, and 3
- All visiting fans should enter our campus from 21st Street and Lakeside Drive and park in lots 8 and 9. Lot 8 is due east of the football stadium. Lot 9 is southwest of the stadium adjacent to the Walker Career Center
Bag Policy The following items are permitted in our facility and are subject to inspection:
- Small clutch purse NO LARGER than 6 inches by 9 inches
- One clear plastic or vinyl bag that does not exceed 12 inches in height, 6 inches in depth, and 12 inches in length, or a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag
- An exception may be made for any items necessary for medical purposes, subject to search
The following items are NOT permitted in our facility:
- Weapons of any kind
- Backpacks and sports/duffel bags
- Drawstring bags
- Purses and tote bags
- Diaper bags (parents with infants or toddlers may carry a clear gallon size bag with necessary items for their child
- Coolers, outside food, and drinks, bottles, cans, etc.
- Artificial noisemakers
- Other missile-like objects
Guests may refuse inspection, but then may be denied entry into the event.